Saturday, August 31, 2013

Empire of Gold - A War of Business and Relationship

    I'm currently watching Empire of Gold. It's not a kind of K-drama that makes me hooked up in a crazy way, but I should say, it hooked me in a serious way. 

     I like how the business world  was depicted in that drama. We could see how people fight against each other to gain wealth. In this drama, it's Sung Jin Group. It's crazy to see how Choi family back stab one another. Plus, Han Jung Hee, the step mother actually married Choi Dong Suh just to seek revenge. In order to do that, she collaborated with Choi Min Jae, the nephew a.k.a. cousin to the heroin, Choi Seo Yoon. Yup, I hate her but she's smart. She can manipulate people by smiling and talking softly. Who could resist such person?


    Another thing I found interesting in this drama is for the first time, the hero (Jang Tae Joo) and heroin (Choi Seo Yoon) do not involve with each other romantically, despite being married for nearly 10 years.In fact, they're sworn enemy who decided to get married in order to use one another. It's something rare in K-drama scene. However, I hope they'll fall in love with each other soon. Oh, yeah, I like how the drama portrays their relationship evolves. For example, they gradually have similar taste in food and begin to understand each other's thoughts and behaviour. I guess, that's what happened after sharing a bedroom for a long time.


Lastly, I like the relationship between Choi Seo Yeon and his step brother, Choi Sung Jae. She might hate his step mother but she loves Sung Jae so much. She really treasures him and is willing to do anything for him. It's vice versa for him. Their relationship is the only sincere relationship that I can observe in this drama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment